PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting US AOPA Article about EASA approach to FAA licenses
Old 12th Apr 2012, 21:25
206Fan
RotorHead

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Right after reading through all this I'm still not 100% sure. I hold an FAA PPL and currently Flying an N-Reg 300 in Northern Ireland.

Going by the CAA Website am I correct in saying I'm safe until 2014 on the FAA PPL?

Also I would like to add that the Schweizer Helicopter might be sold on by the end of the year which would mean jumping over to a G-Reg Helicopter to continue flying here. I am not aware of any other N-Reg machines in the North or the South.

Q.26 I have a licence issued by a non-EASA country (e.g. USA), how will the changes affect me?

Currently the UK Air Navigation Order gives a permanent validation of non-UK ICAO licences that allows the holders of those licences to fly UK-registered aircraft for private purposes only. With the implementation of European regulations, including the use of the derogations by the UK, this UK validation will remain for private flights until 8th April 2014. From that date forward the UK validation will be valid only for non-EASA aircraft registered in the UK.