PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw me out or keep me in?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2002, 01:49
Slasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To rainbow and others:

'Puzzling in that one of us should be of a mind to depart simply because of views, even invited, held by ordinary contributors.'

- No, its not simply that. Theres much more to it on a personal level. And Im not going to go into it.

"Somewhat dangerous in that the poll may not be a secure and accurate measure of those views. The poll could be open to abuse. What's to stop a single contributor voting often from a number of addresses using a number of user names?"

- I alreadey took this all that into account before I posted this poll, and the mathematical probabilitys in error sample vs time line each day of the 15 days. But yes Im assuming a min-max distortion error in the initial analysis of Dec 20th in the range of 8% to 17% in my favor (yes, IN MY FAVOR!) which has to be considered if the result is to be of any reasonable accuracy in the final analysis. The 1st and 5th choices obviousley will contain the greatest distortion errors. At the end of the poll its not simpley a job of just adding up the poll numbers and bingo theres the result. Theres much more to it than that.
Ill supply the math after its a done deal to anyone asking for it (permutative statistical combination formulae with a few adjustments to "n!" for this environment).

"I note that of the five polling options, three invite Slasher to stay while two invite him to go."

- That is an incorrect interpretation. There are 2 for and 2 against and one that is subtley middle ground. An understanding in the diferences of how people react or respond on relative impulse was takin into the wording of each choice to illicit a more honest answer. And I explained earlyer why I chose a 15 day time-line, not more not less. A full breakdown of the reasoning behind each choices wording, and the go-stay "weighting" of each choice, again will be given after the deals done to anyone wanting to see it.

As Ive said before all that is needed is an honest opinion.