PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to start Lion Air p2f Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 18:52
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough your reference from Lion will be screwed up! But do you think that will be a big issue?

Lion would never bother spending money taking it to court, so no reason why you should be barred from going to Indonesia! That's an absurd thought!

I would assume you would be leaving with another job in hand already or contract, not just leaving without anything to go to!

I have spoken to a few captains I know with regarding this, and most of them doubt that another company would really be to bothered, as you would be able to give a good explanation to the reason for leaving!

There are many reasons to use for leaving Indonesia, it is not exactly paradise on earth, and being European origin, it can be many reasons for getting close to home etc. No contract is water tight, specially under such terms.

If you get bonded for $100.000, than that sounds like a slavery contract, which is not enforceable.
As Lion Air is already blacklisted, I am sure if you are very creative you should be able to give many good reasons for wanting to leave the company early!