PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 12th Apr 2012, 15:34
theaviator2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People are so afraid that uhhh all the foreigners are gonna come steal our jobs in Europe.... That's a bunch of BULL....

It is by far HARDER to get a Work-permit for an American in Europe then it is for a European to get hired by an American company....

Reason why it does not happen a lot in the states is that most companies do not wanna waist their time on the application process which is actually quite simple...

Ya I got the right to live and work in both the states and in Europe and i had to hire both Europeans in the states and TRIED to hire foreigners in Europe which was a MUCH greater Hazel!!!

EASA and not only EASA but the majority of Aviation government bodies like CAA and others around Europe, are being governed by a bunch of grumpy old men/woman where some of them may have seen a cockpit back in the 70's but thats about it... Dont believe me?? checkout the CAA offices in Gatwick (uk) NOTHING but old folk's who would benefit more from sitting at a retirement home then with their right hand on the aviation law's in Europe.

Can it be more retarded then it is right now? Sure it can and it will as long as you have a government body like EASA which is full of 50% old and narrow-minded x-aviators and 50% paper-pushers who got absolutely no knowledge of any kind when it comes to Aviation.

Which regulations has come up lately that has had ANY benefit towards any pilot right now????

Not long ago 100 Airline pilots from Europe who did the 14 JAA exams 5 Years + ago sat down and did 2 Multiple Choice JAA ATPL Exams as a study to see how well the great JAA training still stuck... needless to say that 94% FAILED BOTH TEST.

But the matter of fact is that the BIGGEST difference between Europe and the rest of the world are these 14 exams.

"Do your 14 exams and take an ATPL skill-test and now ur ok to fly in Europe, they said to John who was 54 and 13000hrs flying all types of private and airlines" **** OFF John said ill rather just join Emirates!! Which he did!!!

What are the reasons that the new rule is gonna take place? Is it a safety Issue???? NO not at all the problems facing should that be the reason would be beyond anything else as that directly would say that FAA/ICAO Pilots are ****ty compared to European Pilots!!!! Is it an issue about foreigners stealing the job's from Europeans?? No not that either!!! Is it the tax issues that was big 3-5 years ago... No not really that Either cos we already go the regulations stating that an aircraft is only allowed to stay in a European country for X-amount of time...

Well what the fxxxx is it then!!!!

I flown for over 12 years not yes not a lot compared to others, and all i see is an Aviation system that is rotting more then ever