PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 15:09
Linktrained

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O C may have been fortunate in his selection of pilots. All appear never to have been wrong.
Admittedly prior to CRM, I must have flown with more than a hundred airline pilots, some of whom learned from their own and doubtless the mistakes of others - possibly even some of mine !
My first CFI was the Chief Test Pilot of a Midlands aircraft manufacturer who would not allow me to go solo until I could stall and spin - and to recover !

Later I was to fly with perhaps eight graduates of the Empire Test Pilots School who had decided to become long-haul charter pilots. Two of them thanked me for teaching them to be First Officers. (By implication this had not been in their syllabus.) Both were kind enough not to say that they had learned from my bad example. ( I had myself, learned from watching a few bad examples over the years, the York captain who swung off the runway onto boggy grass by harsh engine handling, or the Captain who applied brakes when only the nose-wheel had landed !)

A look at the report on F-WWKH show what CAN happen with a well qualified crew anticipating and by day.

Last edited by Linktrained; 12th Apr 2012 at 16:48.