PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Katter punted from QF flight
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2002, 23:46
dghob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katter punted from QF flight

Far North Queensland independent MP Bob Katter was ejected from a QF flight in Townsville recently because of abusive behaviour toward a Queensland public servant who is involved in issues relating to cane farming. Apparently the crew were following company rules when they punted Katter and in this they have my 100% support.

What really p$sses me off is that, according to the Courier-Mail newspaper, after Katter had "explained" his performance to Qantas, they arranged a charter flight for him so he could get to Cairns, evidently to continue his abuse. The impression you get from the article is that Qantas picked up the tab for the charter!! Is this so? If it is then I'm gobsmacked! Abuse is abuse, and is offensive to not only the innocent target of the abuse (a public servant implementing government policy) but to others in the vicinity. There is no place for people in that frame of mind on a commercial flight. They did right in flicking the clown, and he deserved no further assistance.