PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Goverment asks Argentina for our cash back..
Old 12th Apr 2012, 12:22
Seaking93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it true that mercedes officially refused to support the 'acquired' merc g wagon (that is now in Cosford?) due to the fact it was not paid for?

I had a similar experience with one of the Mercs, when my local garage contacted Mercedes with the chassis number etc to get spares they were asked how they had obtained the vehicle, where was it, did they know that it had not been paid for etc. They did however supply the required spares and the vehicle was allocated a Q plate(vehicle of unknown origin) by the local DVLA office, who in fact were very helpful at the time and the vehicle was used for about 10 years on the road. In fact we ended up with 2 more liberated G-Wagons over the following years and all 3 are currently held in store for possible future use. Until we got the third example I had not realised that there were 2 versions, short and long wheel base, we realised it when we tried to load it on a trailer, but thats another story.