PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 12th Apr 2012, 12:10
Thick E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HF

I have heard a number of people talk of a "Conflict Of Interest"
As you can see I never said that I heard this on the forum, merely a couple private conversations in different locations. It may be that the BMI BALPA folk are rubbishing this concept on their forum, as I said I don't know.

Jumpjim
Thanks for your candid reply. I do empathize with you on the pure numbers and figures of a zippered integration. I think there needs to be more communication and sharing of information between the two groups so we can see what the results of every permutation would look like, together with the associated lines for shorthaul command, long haul command and long haul FO. From the bmi side we should offer the names and numbers of those who have bid for long haul, all DOJs, who are full time/part time etc together with retirement dates. With the combined information shared between the two groups, it would make for a far more balanced discussion rather than nearly 20 pages on here, which to be fair is mainly conjecture based on very little hard facts.

I think once the information comes about many on here (both parties) will find that we can all discuss the matter from a level playing field rather than as we are, more like playing battleships and guessing what the other is suggesting.