PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford OAA- Baltic BAA or US JAR ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 12:04
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Is it worth to pay so much to have the word "Oxford" on your CV?
>> I do not believe so, but that may be different in the middle east and asia.

2. Does OAA give some advantages in further employment?
>> Yes but more opportunities to be had elsewhere, either way you will need to pay for your type rating.

3.Is training quality the same in every school?
>> Definitely not. Oxford graduates that I've met are not as good as those from elsewhere in many respects, there have been one or two exceptions but I believe that it relates to the individual. The main complaints relate to the poor quality teaching they recieve in the USA. (not that all schools in the US are bad)

4.How may it be that on US soil you have European Education for much shorter period of time?
>> I'm not sure but I don't think you can get the whole EASA licence outside of europe... you should definitely research this more.

5.From the employer point of view - are ill licenses the same, no matter where issued?
>> Definitely not. EASA licences mean you can fly for European operations so are theoretically freely transferable. In practice it's a bit different as you need to be in contact with the country that issued your licence fairly regularly.

6. From the government point of view - is JAR license issued in the UK equal to the JAR license issued in Florida?
>> See 4, JAR no longer exists as far as licencing is concerned (for the purposes of issuing new licences) but I don't believe the USA can issue EASA licences. Do more research.

7. What would you recommend to go for training?
>> Not OAA. As for where you should go it depends on what you want to do and how much money you have. but for OAA money I'd consider CTC.

There's lots and lots of information on this very topic, look particularly at the modular vs. integrated threads. Your questions have been answered before, so yes, use the search function, or google.