PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One mans tale of his battle to recover from his F3 Ejection.
Old 12th Apr 2012, 11:38
Supernav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again thanks to those that have read and responded to this post.

John - a more detailed reply. Yes, I did see my career fade before my eyes but it was easier to come to terms with than you may think. For the first year I really thought of nothing else but recovering from the injuries and coming to terms with the pain. The thought of flying again filled me with dread, even on airliners for holidays, so I didn't really 'miss' it. I was soon teaching part time in the simulator and eventually given a full time job there. This meant 2 things; firstly I was still able to use my knowledge and experience which gave a meaning to my life and a drive to be as good as I was before the accident. Secondly and more importantly, I still had the camaraderie of a community that I respected and cherished, and that respected me.

Of course I do miss the job sometimes - especially on blue-blue days when I see jets flying overhead (I live near Waddington), and often think about where I'd be if it hadn't happened. I've never been an angry or bitter person and what happened never changed that, so overall I'm happy with my lot and just thankful that I recovered well enough to lead a normal life.

Right, off for a quick round of golf,

Ian