PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 12th Apr 2012, 10:52
Cross_check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Assessment Day

Did a bit of research so I am not saying this is 100% correct however,
the information they gave us as in invite is what it is about.

A session about the job and what is expected.. Working for ground crew previously there is about $100 cost involved with getting your ASIC which allows you to access Air Side - often referred to as 'the red card' - this involves security checks through various government departments and normally requested from the company as soon as your offered as it can take up to 6 weeks and you can't really work until then. I did my first aid and RSA in the last couple of weeks to ensure currency. Unsure re: Visa as long as you have rights to work in Australia. Student visa's allow work for a set peiod of time.

An assessment day is a day of us being assessed and show your true self. Which is better then one I had that you attended for only an hour and they seemed to assess you totally by then. I have heard there are group exercises and interviews but the thing that has echo'd is just be yourself and enjoy your day I have heard that TT staff are lovely..

I think you have mentioned that your x-crew.. just remember that you are going into a low cost model which is a different world. Plus I have had travel benefits for four years and they are not what they are all cracked up to be.. I find it easier now days especially domestically to just enjoy the freedom of cheap tickets.

Chat soon
Cross Check