PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 12th Apr 2012, 10:51
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 x 4 has the right attitude, and I would strongly suggest that other pilots currently employed and flying on FAA Certs in Europe do not pay a euro cent to convert their licences to EASA.

This is indeed against human rights laws (discrimination) and it will be met with lawsuits. Mad Jock's rants about being jailed for not complying etc show him for the ill educated school boy that he is. A pathetic attempt at scaremongering by the pack mentality of him and Cldrvr that share one brain cell between them.

I strongly suggest to EASA that pilots currently employed on FAA Certs in Europe are immediately issued with an equivalent EASA licence with no conversion required.

This isn't exactly new, I can recall years ago when JAA first arrived on the scene that many FAA qualified pilots employed in certain newly accepted European countries, were actually given equivalent licences under JAA if requested without the need for conversion.

So, either accept this EASA, or get writing a very large cheque.

Oh, and I haven't heard of anyone being arrested in European member states who are flying on FAA Certs where the Country hasn't deferred implementation until 2014. They would find it impossible as most Pilots probably haven't heard of this pathetic ruling from the comatose bottom feeder sessions in Brussels.