PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Cheese ASA Style
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 10:12
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pure undiluted self interest

I do apologise for a lack of knowledge here, but in my own defence “we” (the lads) the pilot body always thought it was not a bad 'gig' on the ATS side of things. Not so ?, apparently.

There is (or was) a very strong union which, we believed by protecting their 'troops' were protecting 'us' in Australian skies. I, for one am always bloody pleased to be back 'in home waters', even Darwin has made me smile and feel better about things overall (after Ujung on HF). There has always been a feeling of 'Great – now we can relax'.

Look, I could dance about the daisy's all day here but; there is really only one question. Despite the best efforts of our dedicated, esteemed colleagues in the ATS are our skies as safe as we suppose them to be ?.

I don't mean in some fluffy, woozy, bean counter, PC sort of way. I mean 'fair dinkum'. Tales of Bullying, overtime, massive, unrealistic compliance expectations, under staffed, under trained, experienced people ignored; and, run by people who, it seems wouldn't know how to do anything but use a company credit card. Well – it's all starting to look a bit grim, ain't it.

If there is a problem, or even a hint of a problem, surely the travelling public and the aircrews need to know. Even if only in the spirit of 'advice'. “Your government can longer guarantee your safety in the sovereign airspace it controls”. TRUE/ FALSE.

I believe 'we' should know.

Selah.