PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A breath of fresh air at last. One pilots view of CRM
Old 12th Apr 2012, 09:41
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my first CRM course at the same time as I did my command course with my then employer. One of the line trainers and I came up with the following for the CRMI's

Simplex humanoid confirmation: I'm cold I'll turn up the heating,

Duplex humanoid confirmation: I'm cold, shall we turn up the heating?

Triplex humanoid confirmation: We're cold, get the purser up here and ask if we should turn up the heating.

The CRMI's had orgasms over those!

Sadly these days CRM isn't just a case of the FD crew sorting themselves out, I'm heartily fed up of the CC questioning my decisions. P2 can question all he wants, and I hope he will, he at least has a license and in this company anything from 400-6500 hours, but CC going to the company with minimal knowledge and a lot of supposition really grips me. From CC I want a concise report of something that concerns them, if I have time I will answer their concerns in flight, if not then when we've got rid of the pax.

Luckily I'm our Head of Flight Safety so I get to see the written reports before anyone else, but a scan through some of the old posts on the CC Forum here may raise the eyebrows of quite a few pilots.

SND