PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS in Saudí Arabia
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 08:18
HueyDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here. Despite emails direct to the recruiter and left voice mail messages no reply what-so-ever. Presumably US citizenship is not a requirement?

Having worked in Saudi Arabia before I've got a reasonable idea what successful applicants might be in for. I'm just wondering how the 28/28 will work initially. Do you need to have an Igama before you can get an exit visa in your passport? Or will you arrive on your first hitch with entry/exit visas already in your passport.

Mention in an earlier post of an S76 going to KSA, is that on this contract? All I've seen in the job posting is requirement for B412. Have S76's operated in KSA before? I'm just wondering how they'd cope in summer...presumably they're sending C++'s....I can't imagine any earlier variants holding much capability in 50degC ambient at the height of summer.
At the moment no S-76s in KSA but S-76C++ seems to be performing well in Bahrain. Will be interesting to see how it does in KSA once (IF) PHI gets their contract details worked out.

In regard to Entry/Exit visas, if you go into Saudi with a work visa you will not be able to get your entry/exit visa added until after you get your Iqama completed. The entry/exit can be sorted out relatively quickly, but the Iqama takes the most time. If they manage to get you in using the 'consultant' type of visas that ARAMCO uses for many of their foreign pilots for your first tours then it may be possible. It is a pain in the neck to get someone an Iqama and then exit/entry visas during a first tour only to find that when they fly out after that first tour they have made the decision to never step foot into Saudi again.