PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw me out or keep me in?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2002, 22:12
rainbow

Total Internal Reflection

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether or not Slasher leaves should be a decision for him and the Moderators. That is the case for all of us. That he has chosen to abide by a clear majority view on the matter here is a little puzzling and is somewhat dangerous.

Puzzling in that one of us should be of a mind to depart simply because of views, even invited, held by ordinary contributors.

Somewhat dangerous in that the poll may not be a secure and accurate measure of those views. The poll could be open to abuse. What's to stop a single contributor voting often from a number of addresses using a number of user names?

I note that of the five polling options, three invite Slasher to stay while two invite him to go. While the informed and sophisticated voters here (the majority!) I'm sure would not be influenced by these unbalanced options, there is some potential via the uncomplicated among us for a skewed result.

For the record, even given the above, I voted. I chose the only option applicable to Slasher and all of us in this matter that devolves power from the voters back to the Moderators. That is that he should stay while he watches his language. This is not a comment on any alleged previous transgressions. Far from it.

I have other thoughts on the matter but this post is long enough already! Maybe later. Best wishes to all.