PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Cheese ASA Style
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 06:18
Nautilus Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a sense there is an individual fatigue plan, if you are tired don't go to work. If this means going sick or declining overtime then so be it. It is open to abuse (very workplace has one), and if you are going sick once a week due fatigue the I think its reasonable for management to suggest this job isn't for you. Conversely there is also usually someone who will grab every scrap of overtime they can get, often going sick on rostered shifts as a result.

Which circles back nicely to the original cause of the TRA, if its anything like the group I'm in. A roster that provides barely enough staff at any given time and not enough staff to actually fill that roster so the buffer provided by overtime is often already used up.

...and have not been derived from established knowledge of consciousness and sleep psychology
Those rules are over 20 years old so probably predate most research. However, they provide more protection than FRMS2 (ASA's current system).

With regards to the "black list", in my darker moments I wonder if its "pour encourager les autres" as much as to punish deserters.