PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A good nights sleep at LHR? Not with EK
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 05:06
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Does the mention of a steeper slope in the route manual make it a threat, or is it done for awareness? If the slope was a threat it would be NOTAMed as unserviceable or the route manual would say don't use it ie: Lagos. I remember the approach into London City Airport being pretty steep (them be the days), so the POMs have level of experience with this design
A displaced threshold becomes a threat when it reduces the available runway length to the Landing distance required. If the available runway length still retains margins even after the displacement is it a threat? Isn't SOP to go around if not landing in the TDZ? This mitigates the runway threat.
An FLS (LLZ. or RNAV) or GLS could be published at little cost, but would not be any good below Cat1 (GLS).
I am not saying this is a good idea, but please think before you complain as it would be nice for the pilot group to be known as professionals not bitching school girls. By this I mean come up with complaints based on fact not emotion.

the Don