PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Cheese ASA Style
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 04:36
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRMS

NB- Everything else is about mitigating fatigue risks, rather than avoiding it.
Thanks for a good reply; thing is though it must be like flying, you get some 'horror stories' which can leave you drained for a day or so and really, given your druthers, a day off would be welcome.

I've often wondered about how you make an individually tailored 'fatigue plan' to suit the individual, would it becomes very complex and very quickly subject to open ended abuse?.

It intrigues me though, some guys can fly night shift and do well, then collapse in a heap on a change to day roster, others (me included) can go all day or night but, get held up or have to wait about a few hours and exhaustion sets in.

Quokka - and have not been derived from established knowledge of consciousness and sleep psychology
Yep, it's a puzzle, but I think 'modern' life is a factor not often considered, sometimes just getting to work on time is worth a day off. Anyway – as Fatigue Risk management is an inexact science, guess we'll just have to do what we have always done. Grin and bear it.

But it would be nice to know that this hole in the famous cheese was plugged up and could never be an element in the unthinkable.

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Apr 2012 at 04:41. Reason: forgot a bit