PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying South America
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 03:30
DPeterson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Departer looming

The date has finally arrived. All work completed on the Mooney, various paperwork items completed, insurance reluctantly extended by my carrier, grandson excused from school. We take off from northern Nevada on Saturday, April 21. First couple of weeks will be visiting relatives along the way and enjoying the Caribbean.

Current plan is to fly Barbados - Caryenne - Belem. From what I've read, I'd rather not spend the night in Cayenne, but based upon the weather maps I've been tracking, getting from there southward is better undertaken early in the day - on a good day.

My biggest concern is availability of 100LL/100 fuel. I now carry about 10 hours on board, so have some options if I get somewhere and they are out. Rather avoid that, of course. Anyone have a good source for fuel availability through South America?

Most legs will be 3+ hours, and I'm tempted to stretch those to 5+ if weather is favorable. Current route would be Belem, Palmas, Brasilia, Campinas -Amaraina, Foz Iguacu, Colonia, Mercedes.

Any recent updates of interest most appreciated.

Don