PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young Adelaide Instructors win against CX
Old 12th Apr 2012, 02:43
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frogman & Liam G

Hey Frogman,
Let's say you and I sign a contract saying I will give you $50,000 on 31st December 2013 for a second hand car you have. Now let's say that I tell you today(verbally) that I don't intend to honour that contract...there is no actual breach until we get to the end of 2013 and I fail to pay. Now let's say that from now until the end of 2013 I try to argue that there was no contract - it was all a figment of your imagination! Now you have an idea of how management have approached the issue.
(yes the intent to breach is there - but it is a theoretical breach until the terms are not physically met - it is problematical to pursue a theoretical breach - we have sought advice on this)

Liam G - some negotiations are still in progress so I would rather not comment on what has and has not been offered.

For SOs who think the IPs will be jumping seniority let me make this very clear...they are on the seniority list. They have reserved positions - they have had Deputy FTMs shake their hands and welcome them to CX years ago - they were then seconded back to FTA. If they had not accepted over 3 years of instruction at FTA they would already be in their third year of being SOs on the line. There is no contractual breach in terms of seniority, as long as management honour the contracts!