PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take your shoes off - Aviation security
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2002, 21:49
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The US security has swung wildly from very little to, since 911, a slightly bizarre level in certain areas. I have stood and waited in the US whilst my co-pilot was progressively 'undressed' in a public security area. Hat off, jacket off, shoes off, watch off, computer open. I try to be impressed, but this person is shortly going to be flying the aeroplane, so has no need to hijack it! I know we live in a PC age where nobody may be 'discriminated' against or specially targeted due to race, creed or colour, but if we were. for instance, to profile the 911 hijackers into a social/racial group, we don't have to look too far to realise that it doesn't extend too far. Now I know that doesn't mean an 80 year old grandmother from Iowa is not necessarily a suicidal hijacker, but when you see such security being applied to them and to the pilots of the aeroplanes themselves, then we really may as well give up.

*never use the words 'bomb','gun','hijack', even in jest, within airfield boundary- you are just what they have been waiting for!