PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2012, 23:41
Ornis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
framer, Brian Abraham said I was in error and offered a joke. I returned the serve, mocking his list of causes.

Of course the pilots to blame for Perpignan are still alive and well in Air NZ. They thought they knew better than Airbus Industrie. Writing recently in the NZ Herald, one blamed the maintenance not being done in NZ. Still couldn't see if you test an aircraft you have to be ready waiting for failure. Dullard. Nevertheless the pilots did stall the aircraft on an approach, with the gear down, such that it "thought" it was landing, and apparently nobody knew the need to wind the THS manually.

When the A320s arrived, the CAA congratulated themselves for the speedy completion of the paperwork. Piffle, piffle and more piffle from the regulator.

I don't think I am as obstinate and ignorant as accused. I do see how accidents happen. I can almost understand how a young woman can run into a group of cyclists and kill several. But I am talking about a commander taking an aircraft and forgetting his primary responsibility to keep it safe when it is flying perfectly.

My perspective is that of an informed (and opinionated) airline passenger, but I'm not stupid. I know you know more than I do.