PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 11th Apr 2012, 18:56
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:
The work rostered to them will be extracted before the BA bidlines are constructed. It will consist of a fair share of trip types, weekends off, etc.
Sorry - won't work as it disadvantages a BA pilot who may want to bid for the trip that is extracted. Why do they get ANY week-ends off? I didn't get a week-end off (other than leave) for a couple of years. Why should the junior BA guys work week-ends when the BMI guys don't?
bmi bring a number of slots to the party, including weekend slots/destinations. Pre-extracting work from the pot to the level of weekend slots brought in does not therefore disadvantage any existing BA pilot. I suspect that existing BA pilots would quite like the experience of some of bmi's medium haul routes/nightstops - should they be available or not to BA pilots? Swings and roundabouts.

When I was on the Airbus, I know that I really enjoyed the opportunity of the 4 day trips to LCA - pseudo longhaul with out the time changes