PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - too old?
Thread: too old?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2012, 18:09
A340rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh god not this bloody same topic again....

Might aswell murge the Pilot Shortage one with this one....

No no amigo your ok, my friend start his ATPL when he was 60, he finish when he was 63 and walk into a job on his zimmer frame at BA and is flying a B747-400...Age makes no diference in this industry... The world is so short of wanabees with 250 hours too as theirs loads of pilots retiring this year including my friend from BA.. They say Ryan Air, Easy, Emirates, Cathay, BA, VA etc will have planes on the ground soon as they just can not find any wannabees to fly them...The flight schools are bloody honest and reckon that by 2013 they will need another 60,000 wanabees Worldwide!!!I heard the way things going with pilot shortage, falling oil price, and huge profit that the Airlines will start to pay First Officers to fly, crikey imagine that, WE GET PAID!! They may pay our type rating too!! Plus some of these contracts these days are chance of a life time places..Imagine this YOU get paid to live in a lovley compund in Nigeria, Afghanistan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia,Sierra Leone the list go's on! And you get internet too so you can watch your baby grow up on Skype!!! GO FOR IT!! get a big loan and just get your old man to remorgage there house or ponse some of your nans savings..Then they can tell there mates that there son/daughter is a pilot.. defintalty worth it...