PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I fly on my CASA(Aus) PPL in Spain/France?
Old 11th Apr 2012, 17:52
clearpr0p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I fly on my CASA(Aus) PPL in Spain/France?

Hi folks,

I'm a brit who got his PPL out in Australia. I was looking into hour building in Europe/USA. It seems there is a lot of admin to get through before I can hour-build in the states. Would be really grateful if there is anyone out there who can share with me their experience of license verification/airmen certification between yourself/CASA and yourself/FAA and time period to expect. I sent the admin off 6 weeks ago but have heard zip. I've tried emailing them to confirm they have received my faxed documents and that the ball is rolling but again heard zip. If I dont hear anything by mid May I would probably have to forget about the states which is a shame.

So, in light of the above, I am also considering Europe. I know from the CAA CASA holders can fly in the UK no problems, but it is rather expensive here and weather inconsistent. I was interested in some of the Spanish flying schools. Can anyone confirm whether they could fly in Spain (and France?) on their CASA licenses as in the UK or is there more admin like the US?

thanks for any help,