PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to start Lion Air p2f Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2012, 15:28
YaKyLLaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Lot of spanish pilots are doing that program/are about to start it. I know at least 6 of them, all aged between 23-25, all ex-mates from my flight school. Low houred pilots.

They really believe LionAir it is the best you can find right now. "At least you're flying, you will gain more than 2000h at the end", they said to me. The overall cost is more than 50.000€ if you take into account the TR+LT+ Self expenses (housing, food, etc) during 8months-1year.

But.. after the LT, what? LionAir says "4 years of employ, guaranteed".

Are you sure you will get a job? I mean.. you're paying a big amount of money dude, are you 100% sure you will get a job for 4 years? If that's true.. what about your future salary, can you tell me anything? 1500$-2000$? It is important too.

And.. at the end of the 4 years, what if you want to come to Europe? Will you be accepted? I have heard "that kind" of pilots might be blacklisted in Europe (because of the poor SOPs there).

Well, nobody of them knew the answer to these questions. They are taking it as an adventure.

I know a pilot who did that program about 4 years ago and now he's flying the 737-8, airline pilot. He's earning more than 3000$/month, things went well for him but he didn't trust LionAir/Eaglejet. He told me "be careful about the 4 years contract.. they will do whatever they want to do with you""

Be careful. You can ruin your family.