PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 11th Apr 2012, 08:39
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Gatwick 737 operation and the bmi 'group'

BA will very likely be approaching 737 rated BMI 'group' pilots for assessment to work out of LGW
Care to elaborate on that?

One minute we are hearing that BA have no intention of integrating any part of the bmi group, other than mainline. Now there is 'very likely' rumour from a BA pilot suggesting that individuals within the bmi group who hold a 737 rating may actually be integrated into the Gatwick operation, subject to assessment??

BA have a number of 737 rated pilots in their current hold pool who have already BEEN through assessment at Cranebank. Its a double figure amount and I know a number of them! Now, I have no desire to see either Baby, Regional or the overall size of Mainline being obliterated by this merger, however there are guys here who have been waiting by the wings and who have worked bloody hard to get a place in BA. Are they likely to see their chances take a further nose dive because IAG can't find a buyer for Baby? I presume we are talking about Baby here when you mention 737 rated pilots within the 'bmi group?'

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 11th Apr 2012 at 08:50.