PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 11th Apr 2012, 07:14
flyingfemme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cldrvr I don't know which planet you are living on but it's clearly different to mine........
I haven't found an EU based maintenance operator that is not dual qualified - their rates are exactly the same whatever the letters on your tail.
The import thing has nothing whatsoever to do with the letters on your tail and everything to do with the home base of the aircraft. Banning N reg aircraft will not make a shred of difference to that.
Far from being good for aviation, this can only be bad. Many owners use aircraft for their ease and convenience.....make them less easy and conveient and their utility comes into question. Every owner who decides that they can't be arsed or doesn't want to waste money for no good reason means jobs lost - pilots, engineers, sales etc.etc.etc. They won't all go to charter and may even remove themselves from the EU altogether - with even more loss of jobs/income.
This is not a war of ideals, it is business and the EU has proved, comprehensively and repeatedly, that it doesn't care if people make a living or not, or if they live or die in an aircraft. Their job should be safety, not points scoring, and encouraging business so that somebody's taxes pay their salaries. Other places are more welcoming and will be standing by to mop up the gravy from that famous train.