PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 22:55
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oral Hygeine?

TG, I agree with all the history of Qantas, but now that it now longer supported by the the government, it is no longer the "National Carrier".The term "National Carrier" infers that it has some sort of priviliged status when it clearly does not. When you are using this term it is only as an emotive attachement that you have to the company.
Dentist, no offence but it makes no difference who does or doesn't own QF - It will always be an Australian icon. The history of the airline, its pioneer Hudson Fysh and all sorts of achievements cannot and will not be confined to the annals of history. QF is part of our culture, just like Kangaroo's, Uluru, Sydney Harbor Bridge, Koala's and Vegemite! The Australian Government had it's incompetent paws on QF before plus we have had our share of 'modern day Ned Kelly's who robbed from the worker and gave to themeselves - Darth and Elaine! These two clowns may just see QF off with a fizz and buried in a time capsule like Ansett but you will never remove the link between the airline and our heritage.

Like I said you cannot recreate the past and thus must move forward. No amount of pontificating at the local Surf Club bar will not change that.
Who is pontificating? When you spend most of your lifetime with the one airline, lets say 30+ years it becomes a part of who you are. Have you ever had a beer with life long MUA Wharfie or a life long Holden line worker from Adelaide? Drinking piss at the Surf Club while staring at some girls in thongs, sharing a laugh and a tear while recounting war stories is what defines some of us. It is far from pontificating, pontificating is for the current QF execs and selected predecessors who pontificate about how great they supposedly are, how they really don't earn as much as they actually deserve and how their management skills are second to none and it is the core staff that are the root cause of QF's problems.

pon·tif·i·cate
intr.v. (-kt) pon·tif·i·cat·ed, pon·tif·i·cat·ing, pon·tif·i·cates

1. To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way.
2. Refer Websters Dictionary under Joy.ce and Dix-on (e.g Where is our bonus,'pesky overpaid Pilots and Engineers). Also see plunder, greed, incompetence and f#ckwit.