PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA asks for a R6-billion handout
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 18:27
square leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truth (True's... ek se maar net)

Eks'kuse my behd englisch, but...

what you all say, (and I mean those for SAA and those against SAA), is true, but it's not the entire truth...

Now... to a true story which is the entire truth... EK will become the dominant airline of the world. That's a fact which is not based on emotion. Why? Simply because that is their goal. They are slowly but surely working towards that goal. Is it achievable? Yes! Is it measurable? Of course it is. Will they achieve it? Absolutely, they say they will and everybody employed by EK is willingly or unwillingly working towards that goal.

Do you want to work for such a company?

Why not work for LH(group) or BA or any other company that has other goals apart from being the biggest?

Is being the biggest the best?

Why not work for an airline that offers top notch training and pride to its pilots and cabin crew?

There are many airlines to choose from. Some offer all of the above, some offer great salaries, but mediocre training, or vice versa. Some are based in beautiful countries with sound politics, some in less favourable and less stable countries.

The choices are many. What do you identify with?

And finally, apart from feeling strongly (passionate) for an airline, at the end of the day one has to jump through the hoops (selection) and then only will one know if it was worth it or not.

Truth be told, no place is perfect, but some places come close. (I am not thinking of any airline in specific as it's relative to you individually).

But EK will dominate, be that a good thing or not. It's a fact. The domination will be in the numbers of routes, aircraft etc. ... But take LH, BA for example, they dominate in their training...

Edit: spelling/grammar

Last edited by square leg; 10th Apr 2012 at 20:02.