PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caribbean Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 16:45
KRomero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAL CC Recruitment

Since there's no posts on how the CAL routine is, i'll write my experience with them as I suspect it'll go a really long way lol. I had to experience it to know the experience as there's no information online.

Well, I dropped my resume in at least a month earlier before I got the invite (which was posted in the newspaper the week i got it). I was told to come out to the Crown Plaza hotel. They had placed us from the first phone call invite into different groups. Mine had around 16 people. Mostly females. We sat in a small hall they had upstairs for some time with the others who had to come it for the other groups. While we sat, one by one we went over to the BMI scale. If you were too tall, too short, underweight, over weight, you got sent home at that point. The lady who did this test had nothing to do with the actual recruitment process, so do not fear her. However, be nice.

After we went over to a table where a woman and man took our files. They checked them to see if they were real and to make sure we had all the required documents. Then we were all seated again. Eventually my group of 16 candidates were called into another room. We had to introduce ourselves to a panel of 3 recruiters. From talking to other candidates, they kept changing these recruiters. So what one set likes, the other may not like. This one girl spoke for maybe close to one minute, shrugged her shoulders and said "i'm done" and she sat down. Obviously she got sent home.

But the minimum was around 2 minutes. Everyone else spoke for that long. Anyways, we were then called back into the hall. A lady called out the names of the ones who made it to the next rounds. The ones whose names were not called were sent home and told to wait for 6 months before reapplying.

At this stage, we were put through the aptitude test. This test consisted of mathematics, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, essay and information on the Caribbean Airline. Time = 1hour. (way too short) So make sure you impress them in the introductory stage.

Lo and behold, I got a call back for the next stage a week and a half later. They said this was going to the the one on one interview however, I was met by the same 3 ladies at the introductory stage. This interview lasted for 15 minutes. They had 3 scenarios where you had to literally act out and the typical interview questions. At this point, you need to be ready. You will have to prepare questions to ask them about the company. Its a fairly small table, so you will be sitting close to them, makeup has to be great. You have to look sharp and be professional.

I did not get the call back for the next stage after this but from what i can collect, they send you to the first part of the medical then send someone to your house to have a one on one hour long chat with you to know all about you and your family. Then a week later you do the 2nd part of the medical. Once you've passed these, you start your training a week later.

One thing about CAL is that they are VERY last minute. So once you get a call for anything, expect the deadline to be in 2 days. E.g. you get called Tuesday, your deadline would be the Thursday. So be prepared for all this.

I hope this helps some one out there.

Last edited by KRomero; 13th Apr 2012 at 00:35.