PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 10th Apr 2012, 16:16
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stripes! Who gives a rats arse about stripes! They should be right up there with the type of aircraft that you fly - right at the top of the "I don't give a flying **** whatsoever" list. In my experience, the types who make this sort of sh1t their life priority are simply compensating for inabilities in areas that should be considered more pertinant! In this day and age job security, quality of life and a sense of feeling part of something worthwhile is everything in my book, which is why I couldn't have given a stuff about this little fact below in my pursuit to join BA.

All BA pilots joining by the normal route (selection) are frozen for 5 years.
As each day passes I get increasingly edgy about my chances. I would believe that the vast majority of bmi pilots are just more than happy with the fact that they will have jobs going forward. Being under the umbrella of one of the worlds largest airline groups may just be an added bonus. If there are infact a few bemoaning seniority, fleet transfers and a thinner epolete on their shoulders then politely wake up and smell the java! I say if because I simply can't get my head around the fact that this is actually going on?!

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 10th Apr 2012 at 17:22.