PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 10th Apr 2012, 11:03
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cldrvr, more times than I care to remember, in fact I am involved in it as we speak. But, these are choices, choices that certain people wish to see removed. I am sure you have extensive experience in aviation but do not, because of that, assume that no one else has. If an owner decides to put an aircraft on a European register then that is their choice and I am sure they have good reasons for doing so and fully understand the problems and costs associated with doing it. You are a great advocate of EASA it seems, and you have that priviledge without a doubt, but, to state that its unfair for others to take advantage of a perfectly legal situation to operate a private aircraft more efficiently is sour grapes. And to state that you feel you are being laughed at because an aircraft departs when you are unable surely refers to a private operation versus an AOC operation. That situation would occur regardless of the registration/pilot licence, including G reg with JAR pilots.