PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obtaining PPL over time
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 09:37
Neoburner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obtaining PPL over time

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice about gaining a PPL/NPPL, I had a look around the forums and got some mixed views so it thought I would couple my questions into my own thread.

I have a big passion of getting my PPL, 3 teaser flights so far which is keeping my niggling bug happy and up in the air, the hours go in the logbook (a whole 3 in total...) so all helps in the process.

I work full time in a stable career and now thinking of pursuing this.

My closest airfield is Shoreham which I am due there next weekend (was this weekend but the TAF was awful for flying ) for another hour up in the air on a PA28 (Can't wait for this again!), and another hour in the LB...

My main question is due to being full time in my working life can this be done over a period, I get mixed views on people saying to do it in one go and some saying that spreading it out is no bad thing. I think personally that I would be able to do it over time as my memory works well on long term learning.

Has anyone done it over time... again it would be a hobby not to move into the field and commercial..

And also the teaser flights do count towards the hour building of the PPL... is that correct?

26 Years of age here and living in W Sussex.... any advice would be great!

Thanks

Ben