PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 10th Apr 2012, 09:22
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enforcement is fairly straightforward, if you are an EU national, you will need EASA licences if you operate an N-reg. simple rampchecking/ database checking can reinforce that. if you keep your N-reg in the EU for longer then a given amount of time you need to register it in the EU, again simple database/flightplan checking can reinforce that one.

You FAA guys can keep your head in the sand all you want and scream as loud as you can from the rooftops, this has been in the making for 5 years and it is not going away.

I am a big fan of this proposal, it will level the playing field, get rid of N-reg aircraft and will actually improve pay and conditions for EU licensed pilots as the option of cheaper N-reg crew and aircraft is regulated out of the market place. This proposal can only be good for the future of aviation in Europe.

Unemployed JAR/EASA licensed pilots will have a greater source of employment flying remaining N-reg aircraft once they get their FAA validation on their next simcheck. N-reg aircraft moving over to the M-reg and other EASA registers will be flown by JAR/EASA licensed pilots getting M-reg vailidation. (not sure what they are going to do with M-reg FAA validated pilots once this goes into effect)

This will be a boom for EASA maintenance providers/ avionics shops/ training providers/ aviation service companies etc. Most N-reg owners are not going to stop flying, they will have to abide by the new rules, this can only be good for aviation in Europe.

The funny things is, I don't see any JAR/EASA licensed pilots complaining here, or on the various other threads, I don't hear of any JAR/EASA operators complaining, I don't hear of any member state regulators complaining........

Over the years we business/corporate operators have been inundated with regulation/rules that never applied to N-reg operators, putting us at a disadvantage. Proper operators don't mind rules and regulations if they are administered fairly across our industry, this ruling will make our industry a better place to operate in.