PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 10th Apr 2012, 08:00
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Well... my reading of what has gone so far is that bmiCC want to talk, but have only been met with dictate, so they have nothing to lose.
Well... your reading is incorrect. The BACC know the maximum that the BMI pilots will be able to achieve from BA. If it seems like they're dictating, that's unfortunate but the fact remains that BA WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE THAN THE BACC PROPOSAL due to cost. I sympathise for your situation and appreciate you are between a rock and a hard place which it is not a great place to be but believe me when I say that whatever the BACC have in mind will be an order of magnitude better for the BMI pilots than what BA/IAG will do to you.

There are a group of people (the BACC) who have vast experience of dealing with BA and know exactly how to deal with them. Tradition dictates that for the best outcome, it often pays to listen to the experts.

I'll say this again for the hard of reading:

The proposals on the table are the BEST which the BACC have been able to come up with for the BMI pilots which will not add any additional costs for BA. BA WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY SOLUTION WHICH INCREASES THEIR COSTS!!

Edit: To quote our illustrious company chairman (now deputy chairman of IAG) - "If you aren't at the table, you're probably on the menu."

Last edited by Human Factor; 10th Apr 2012 at 08:13.