PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 06:47
mcgrath50

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Flew today on a 737-800 with the new interior. That's where to now. The seats were comfortable (but took up less space so I assume fit at least an extra row in), we all had personal IFE, the bins were large yet took up less space, the cabin (thanks mostly to the lighting and pleasing curves) looked modern, the business class seats were business class seats. Whether I just lucked out on a great crew or it was due to an aircraft they can be proud of giving them a lift I don't know (suspect a combination of both), but the CC were top notch.

Compared to the 737-400 I flew on to go away before Easter.

If there was an investment gradually over the years to get the Qantas fleet at that standard (which is doable, ANZ, SQ and others have done it and VA/VB are doing it much quicker) Virgin wouldn't be having such an easy time of it, as the standard of product I had today was as good as you could expect anywhere. The issue is, in 6 flights on QF in the past 12 months, this is the only time I've had it this good. The A330 does come very close, but the old 737-400s and 767s are embarrassing.