PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 02:11
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ships ahoy

Meanwhile at Qantas Head office. AJ & the executives focus on Jetstar & Asia has allowed Virgin to continue to chip away at the domestic premium market.
This is the core of the problem. While these fools are busy being distracted by the Asian fantasy, being distracted by how to fill their individual pockets and concentrating on protecting their enormous ego's the Australian operation slips quietly away and into the hands of Il Deuce. JB doesn't have to do much at all, in fact he has improved OTP, service and standards. Add FF points and QF is done and dusted.

For example I am not only industry and a former employee but have always been an avid QF supporter, FF points being the main draw and business class. But in the past 18 months I have gradually started flying VA regularly. Less delays, better international service and better aircraft from where I live, better pricing and so forth. All I want is FF points from them in a similar fashion to what QF offers and I will be a customer for life. My patience with QF from a customers perspective has run out. Sadly, the road ahead looks even worse with QF as there are no positive changes or corrections in sight so why should I remain with them? No reason whatsoever. No incentive whatsoever. No value whatsoever. No loyalty (thanks for grounding the airline Alan) whatsoever.

Mr Borghetti - Technicaly you have the easiest job in the world in this country, just sit back and receive. Team Rat are an uncontrolled wrecking ball. The damage their management are doing is something an opposition CEO's dreams are made from!
While QF lose sight of what is happenning in their own backyard, JB sneaks around QF's backyard pinching all their toys. It is too good to be true. How does Borghetti hold strategy meetings with his execs without pissing himself laughing? What would the minutes from Borghetti's strategy meeting consist of? I know, only one point - (1) Sit back and let Alan keep doing what he is doing to Qantas!!
Too easy!! Money for Jam! ANd at this rate Team Borghetti may even make more money for the next 12 months than QF, another good reason for not only passengers but investors to considering jumping ship!

Elaine is remarkably similar to the Titanic's Captain E.J Smith. Full of ego and pride, easily influenced by others, over confident in his own abilities and went full steam ahead without considering the risks or consequences.
We all know how Smith's ship ended up 100 years ago, how will Elaine's ship fare?