PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2012, 01:15
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Fed Sec,
You have my total support. And the support of everyone I fly with. Engineers and Pilots were (in the circumstances) the picture of measured response to an overwhelmingly aggressive and irrational lying media and propaganda machine.

If not you, then someone of your ilk, along with a Pilot, F/A and ground staff member should have a board seat with considerable voting power. For it is they who care.

It is people like yourself who have the interests of this company at heart. Not the money grabbing and delusional financial alchemists who have been raping the company for years. The tragedy of the Craig Thomsons of the world is they gave perfect ammunition to the weasels buried deep in the Goebbels Dept at QCA to assist trash your sensible words.

In this 'dispute' the tragedy is that roles are completely reversed. Management is the wrecking ball, it is the 'workers' who care. The media is generally completely oblivious to the subtlety at work.

Bagus above:
Your post goes to the heart of the problem. No single person with any understanding of anything as complicated as a simple 'on/off' switch would believe that experienced Engineers are not required. On the '44, no Engineer would have ever recommended the half baked IFE we (or our pax) have suffered under for years. Nor be a 'launch' (or near launch) customer for any 'new' aircraft. It would take a 2-bit inexperienced 3rd rate management/board to make such stupid decisions again and again. As soon as an aircraft has no moving parts, hydraulic or electrical systems I will be happy to reconsider my position. Instinctively I will never believe an accountant or sales brochure. That type of thinking should be Swiss Cheese Modelling 101 for management.

As airline executives, credit where credit is due. QF board/management make outstanding room renovators. Their skill would easily see them to the finals of 'Renovation Rescue' or similar program. Unfortunately, the technological skill involved in putting vertical gardens on lounge walls is not quite the leadership and expertise that running an airline requires.

Last edited by V-Jet; 10th Apr 2012 at 01:35. Reason: Bagus point comments