PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 9th Apr 2012, 21:29
Anton du Flasheart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not close enough to know for sure but even your last comment is designed to provoke.
Everyone knows that BA flight deck think that seniority is king - perhaps that is the problem....perhaps seniority isn't everything, perhaps Willie will use it against all flight deck when he can, perhaps a little broadening of the BA concept of seniority would help everyone. Seniority lists have certainly cost ALL flight dearly over the years.
Total intransegence on the BA concept of seniorty is the sticking point. bmi guys don't expect to depose anybodies seniority rights, but they don't expect to be treated like scum either.
I haven't heard a proposal from any BA person which doesn't make any bmi flight deck feel like he or she has been dumped at the bottom - as I said - how about using CRM, thinking around the problem and expressing it in a less belittling way. Mutual professionals don't deserve it.

Hunterboy - my fears and expectations exactly - thanks for putting the perspective straight. ( it also explains why, as a lower cost base option, bmiCC prefer to talk to the management directly, although I not convinced they are up to the task )

Last edited by Anton du Flasheart; 9th Apr 2012 at 21:43.