PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 9th Apr 2012, 18:55
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, if you base your N-reg in the EU, then you will have to have EU licenses and abide by EU regulations. I don't see anything wrong with that. Why should you be allowed to circumvent the EU law by buying an N-reg airplane and basing it here. IF the owner is EU resident then even the aircraft will have to be EU registered or else it can't operate in the EU. I still don't see your point, you were lucky thus far operating via a loophole, that loophole is now closed, you base in the EU, you follow the EU rules, don't like it? Take your airplane somewhere else.

About time the EU stands up to dodgy tax and operator loopholes used by EU companies buying foreign registered and operated aircraft and by non EU operators basing non-EU airplanes in the EU.

I can see exactly where the EU is coming from, they want to regulate the aircraft based and operated within the EU and are no longer tolerating non EU registered aircraft based within its borders, what is wrong with that?

A UK resident can only operate in the UK on an international drivers license for 12 months, why should he be able to fly on a non EU flying license with no restrictions?

The EU wants to make sure they can enforce flying licenses and take any necessary actions against EU based operators and pilots, what is wrong with that? Why should you be exempt from EU regulations while you operate here as a based operator?

Up until now you guys have operated outside the rules and regulations here and I am glad the EU is putting a stop to that. Why shouldn't they, they are more then entitled to. They are closing a much abused loophole, about time. I am not alone in this opinion, most EU operators share this point of view and can't wait to end the numerous N-reg operators flying here without any oversight.