PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should EASA be allowed to monopolise licencing in Europe?
Old 9th Apr 2012, 18:38
4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find that possessing an International drivers licence, will allow you to drive pretty much anywhere you want....Europe and the US included...no Unilateral ban there....

There are a great number of Corporate Jets, operating in and out of the US, and many other countries beside....G-Reg or otherwise....and do not require Dual Licencing.....why has Europe taken this stance?....Safety Grounds?....I think that can be discounted straight away from a vast statistical study.

As for being involved in the consultative period.....I can only suggest that you try to write to your own MEP.....try Housing Tax, or obtaining a Taxidermy Certificate.....and you will see exactly how "Involved"....you will feel in this Great European Dream we are all supposedly entranced in.....

Please do not misunderstand my point of view...the Aircraft I fly is only based for a short period of the year in Europe.....so are we suggesting that for three months of the year we employ EASA Crew....and the other Nine months ICAO Crew....let us hope that this does not become an epidemic elsewhere....or as a backlash against Europe....as many Ex-pat European Pilots will be suffering for this.....If this was a widespread and dangerous situation, then I can see all grounds for it....but that is just not the case.