PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN & RAF SAR rescue off North Wales Coast
Old 9th Apr 2012, 17:51
vib6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all 4 valley a/c off state

althenick

I'm more of a lurker really but i'm moved to post on the issue of valley being off state-
Normally we run 5 a/c not 4-

No 5 is at depth having a frame repair-spotted at valley and one tripped down to depth approx 4 weeks ago, no replacement available from depth, currently 3 weeks late.

No 4 has been long term u/s due to ambiguos wording/interpretation of the flight test schedule and various peoples reluctance to get off the fence.

No 3 was u/s with a frame crack- now concessed with 5 hrly inspects till depth visit- now 3 weeks late.

No 2 was awating air test post ecu cx-its secound since the original failed vibs- which had previously been rejected for the same,but we won't go there.

No 1 was happily flying as the only S asset till it was recalled by mig with high debris count from samples, which is looking like a mrgb cx,while its out its frame cracks could be sorted!

The Sk is an old frame in need of much attention, nobody 'allowed' them all to break at the same time ,it happens, get over it.I would much rather have a knackered SK in the hangar getting fixed than flying as a potential crash site.

rant over