PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Puma Survive?
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 15:53
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Admin,

When we're you last in Afghan and round the table at BSN?

Let's go back to the Gutersloh days-did we ever work as closely with the AAC as we do now? We're we more integrated and joined up?

Although I have an ingrained hatred of living and flying from the morale vacuum of Ocean, I do recognise professionalism of CHF and the integration of both us and now Apache.

Although I would love all single Service politics to be removed by Air Command doing what it says in the name and commanding everything in the air, I am a realist that UK Defence and the UK economy is in a very different place than those nirvana days of the 80s.

But we weren't really fighting then, we didn't need the AAC to practice and operate with us to get rounds danger close to us finals to a PB etc. We didn't need the RN to integrate us onto their boats. From the customers perspective in the big scheme (i.e. no one was killed because of it)it didn't really matter if we dropped troops the wrong side of the boarder in NI (just embarrassment).

Now it does matter. JHC has brought integration and whether we like it or not it has focused us on the customer, which was lacking prior to JHC IMHO.

However, if Chopabeefer info is right then there is hope that we can take all the good elements of JHC and place all air capabilities under Air Command.

I thought that this was more of an SDSR 15 potential plan rather than PR12 option.

Like everyone else I await the outcome of PR12.