PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 15:35
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you live in the UK you have until April 2014 to get sorted (plus a once in a life time 1 year validation you can apply for if you are partway through the training).
That is NOT correct!!! This was supposed to have all kicked off in 2012 not 2014.

The extension to 2014 was for one purpose and one purpose only and that was for EASA to get an FCL agreement with the FAA.
That was the sole reason for an extension.

A Bilateral agreement was signed up to a few months back.

It has provision for FCL to be added and that is the published and stated intention of EASA to get a bilateral agreement with licence acceptance.

I have heard from very good authority that even 2014 will not happen.
Obviously EASA will not state that at this time as they are still pushing for such an agreement with the FAA by that deadline.

It is accepted by all involved that bar a miracle in bilateral FCL negotiations 2014 will move to 2016.

Regarding type ratings! A third country type rating is acceptable on a third country jet! Crazy as an EASA one is not

I do not believe something like a King Air which does not hold a requirement in the USA for a type has yet been decided.

EASA have hit a brick wall regarding European law and European residents working in Europe on FAA reg jets as well as certain discrimination laws which these regulations would undermine.

Hence the silence on employed pilots working in Europe on FAA reg aircraft.

EASA would not stand a chance in the European courts and they know it!
A poorly instigated set of regulations which could never see the light of day legally or morally.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Apr 2012 at 15:49.