PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate to Airine
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 13:41
Stick35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corporate to Airine

Hello

This is my first post and i'm looking for some advice. Perhaps there are here some collueges who recognize the situation.

I'm 35 years old (or young) and having 2400 TT ofwhich 1900h on lj31. And to be honest, i'm really fed up with corporate flying, and not just a bit. Always the managment with their tricks to save money, always having to be available and the few flights one do. Even poor career perspectives. It makes me sick. I have discussed with a lot of other corporate pilots and in other GA companies it is not different.

So i came to the conclusion i want to join an airliner. Yes, for others airline stuff might sound boring (even flyingwise) but i desire for just a routine pilot life. Fixed schedule, just a few standby days, not doing other jobs like updating jeppcharts and waiting hours in the maintenance facility waiting for your aircraft to be fixed. All the typical GA stuff.

The problem: i'm afraid with my 35 years i'm too old to join an airliner. I've send a lot of letters but not the slightest interest. Are there people around here who also did the change from GA to airline? What can you advice me? Do you think i'm too old? Any help is welcome. I have no idea what to do. Thank you.