PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 9th Apr 2012, 10:30
Alycidon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black & brown

If I can quote you once more:

Exactly, so, DO you fly the Boeing for easy or DID you fly the Boeing for easy? If you are now on the Airbus, let the Boeing **** go -

Read the thread title once more, slowly, then once more.

The thread is not about the airbus! It is not even about easyjet, it is about CTC and what they are doing to the industry, perhaps in terms of deskilling the pilot community in order that the airlines can drive down Ts and Cs.

Your testy response would tend to undermine your previous claim, I quote:

You clearly have far more experience than me as does alycidon and I'm not trying to be a cocky ****
My point is that while CTC cadets appear to be very well trained and are good with the manuals and SOPs, they are not necessarily picking up the basics, during initial qualification, eg. purely by way of example, crosswind takeoff techniques, but I could also give other examples, eg lookout in turns, or ndb tracking, or flying a holding pattern without the fmc and calculating drift outbound....

My initial post referred to a discussion about crosswind takeoff technique which I had with a CTC graduate during the cruise to liven up a 3hr sector, my colleague was advocating the use of left aileron when experiencing a crosswind from the right in order to counter the secondary effect of yaw.

Since I thought he was winding me up, I left it there, but it certainly made me think.

As he had spent an absolute fortune training to be a pilot I was expecting a little more.