PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 09:27
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both allow you to to do a journey in IFR conditions
Only for a very trivial flight though, in Europe.

Interesting you think an MEIR is a lot harder. People who have done it say it isn't much harder because you just fly around on one engine, trimmed, and very slowly I also bet the instructor/examiner is watching the ASI rather keenly because his life depends on it.

The reason I advise people to not do ME just for fun (like a lot of people used to, years ago) is the annual renewal, not just for the IR but also for the PPL. Unless one is an ME owner, this is going to cost a little into 4 digits, not least because one's currency in the rented twin will be poor.

Anyway, we now have the Kafka-esque situation whereby a policeman can pop over to Biggin and can try to arrest a few of the N-reg pilots landing there. The arrivals notice board tells him where they flew in from, so he can just pick a country which has not applied for a derogation. 99% of them won't have EASA papers..... and (this is the best bit) none of them will have a COONER (Certificate of Operator NON-EU Residence). Ergo, all = guilty.

What is the maximum penalty until this EU law?