PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth it?
Thread: Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 08:39
Flaymy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth listening to a person who thinks that flight schools offer line training?
Worth listening to a person who appears not to recognise anything between full sponsorship and pay-to-fly through line training?

wingreencard

A more balanced, reasoned approach would be far more helpful than your hysteria. There are plenty of people for whom in some circumstances this is worth it. I know many of them who with little risk and without terrible financial strain have found themselves in jobs they love.

Of the many trainee pilots I knew years back I only know of two that never really got into flying jobs, and I could have predicted both would have difficulty within 5 minutes of meeting them - and one of those nearly surprised me, being very unlucky to have lost a job at the line-training stage. I am no longer in touch with the other, so maybe I misjudge him too.

It has taken a while for some of them, but with certain abilities, certain character and the willingness to work hard and invest the chances are very good indeed. To you that hard work and investment might not be worth the rewards. Your path might have been harder, risks higher and so you struggle to get a job you enjoy. That is personal.